Thursday, March 21, 2013

"POPPY CONVERSATIONS" ORIGINAL MIXED MEDIA POPPY PAINTING © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY


"Poppy Conversations"
18" x 48" mixed media on cradled panel
Available, for now, only on my WEBSITE
 
I had a ball painting this piece! It is one of those rare pieces where it came out mostly like I had in my head when I did my first sketch after the dream that LED to the sketch! YAY! I will be changing out the photo the first chance I get with a sunny day...but unfortunately we are in for cloudy weather for the next three days and I didn't want to wait that long!  HOWEVER, the color representation is fairly accurate on MY monitor anyway! YAY again!
 
On this painting I focused on the abstract qualities of the background a good little bit...I had in mind composition and balance before I even put the flowers in.  I spent a little time even on their stems...they are little works of art all on their own...I wish I could show it as it looks here in my studio! 
 
 
 
 
There is acrylic, paper, modeling paste for texture (well, custom patch acting as modeling paste), and the poppies are oil in this painting.  YES, you can paint oil over acrylic...:)  I got to use some of my favorite new "brushes" in this painting. They are made of a pliable rubber that is impervious to heat and solvents, and the paint just wipes right off or peels off if it dries on...I've used them in my oils and acrylics, and they would also work great to create pattern with your watercolors! They are Catalyst by Princeton. I found mine at Meiningers here in Denver. They have a long handle...just perfect for any type of artwork!
 
Soon I will be taking Poppy Conversations to my gallery in Louisville; Creations Art and Gifts Fine Art , but for now it lives in my studio. Later this summer it will travel with me to the SUMMER ART MARKET, where I will be in BOOTH #38...I hope to see you there!! June 8 and 9 at the Art Students League in Denver...Stay tuned for more information!
 
until then...HAPPY CREATING!!
 


2 comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...